Tuesday, February 11, 2014

You Must Reinvent Yourself

This is my second day of blogging about weight loss after 40.  I have struggled for most of my life feeling powerless against my up and down weight.  When your in your 40s and your in the middle of a marriage, raising kids, working and other things you  are responsible for....concentrating on weight loss seems like the last thing you want to worry about.  I just wanted a glass of wine or a hostess Ho-Ho during the times I had to myself.  I reached for sugar when I wanted to feel good.  Bad habits did not die easily for this girl.

I knew I had to do something big to change and it had to happen now before I ended up FAT forever.

So I reinvented how I viewed my self and my situation.  First I decided to see my physician for a good dose of reality...blood  and all the usually tests, of course they told the story of excess and bad habits.  pre-diabetic, bad cholesterol, obese category..ugg.

This way of living was unacceptable for one more day.  I needed to put myself first now and take charge. So my second act was to tell my family that I needed to take a break from some of my daily responsibilities and make a plan for how I was going to get well, by putting it out there I made it clear that this was a priority and I needed their help. 

Third I decided to become an expert on all things that went into my body, I read books on organic diets, juicing, detoxing and how to bust sugar out of my diet for good.  I decided that a CLEAN eating plan was the way to go.. I could not eat bad foods "sometimes" and get away with it..one piece of chocolate for me leads to 5.
Clean eating takes dedication, planning, organizing and a lot of practice, you don't get it right all the time.  but when you get into it it really takes hold and you body will respond in amazing ways.
So your like "OK fine" what exactly does this mean?
Clean eating means natural foods like veges, fruits, meats, nuts, beans, oats...get creative and you won't have any trouble finding a ton of websites that promote recipes and ideas for delicious foods.

You have to reinvent yourself into an advocate for your own health.  The most surprising thing to me are the number of people I meet who are doing the  exact same thing I'm doing!! I've had conversations about juicing and how to make your own peanut butter with people I thought would have no idea what I was talking about.
I feel so energetic and almost high on life from this reinvention that I want to tell as many people as possible.  Please never give up.
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food

No comments:

Post a Comment